Challenge Recipe - Nougat filled profiteroles stacked into a beautiful croquembouche
Choux Pastry ( Profiteroles )
160g Butter chopped
2 cups of water
300g plain flour or see gluten free option below
6 eggs, lightly whisked
600ml whipping cream
200g block of Nougat and Nice Nougat, in the flavor of your choice
600g white, milk or dark chocolate
600g caster sugar
1x packet of pashmak/ fairy floss
Flowers of your choice
Cone of cardboard, foam, or cake tin shaped
Choux Pastry- if a child is making this with supervision, I advise to split this recipe and complete it twice as it requires a bit of mussel.
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees and line two large baking trays with baking paper
- In a pot combine the butter and water then place on the stove, bring to the boil. Remove the pot from the heat and with a wooden spoon stir in flour. Return to the heat and constantly mixing with wooden spoon cook until you get a little flour crust on the bottom of pan.
- Remove and place dough into a bowl to cool down to body temp about 36 degrees.
- Using a wooden spoon or an electric mixer, combine eggs to dough in 3 parts until completely combined.
- Prepare your piping bag with a medium round nozzle or using 2 teaspoons to scoop. Pipe out golf ball size dollops this should make around 50 profiteroles. Using a cup of water wet your fingers and gentle just smooth off any rough bumps before placing in the oven.
- Place trays in oven for 30 mins. Then remove and poke a small hole in the base for ease of fill later, then return to oven for a further 20 mins to dry out and get crispy.
- Remove nougat from wrapper and cut the rice paper off the bottom and discard. Roughly chop nougat and place into a food processor or thermomixer and blitz to a fine crumb.
- Whip cream to medium peaks. Add blitzed nougat to cream and fold gently with a spoon.
- Set aside in fridge until ready to fill your profiteroles.
- Once the profiteroles have completely cooled you can now start to fill these with the nougat cream. Prepare a piping bag with a small round tip and fill piping bag with nougat cream. Hold a profiterole in one hand and poke the nozzle into the hole at the base and squeeze to fill. Repeat until all are filled.
- Line the cone with baking paper so it is easier to clean.
- Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, warming in 30 second bursts stirring each time until melted.
- Using the melted chocolate start assembling by dipping the tops and then using a spoon drizzle a little chocolate where it needs to be secured to the cone and surrounding profiteroles. Working in layers one at a time until you reach the top.
- Place sugar into a pot trying not to get it on the sides. Gently add 1/3 cup of water and cook until a light brown colour. Using 2 forks dip the backs into the sugar and touch the together then pull apart and this will give you threads and start to move the forks round the croquembouche tower until you’re happy.
- Continue to decorate with flowers, fairy floss, sprinkles or more chocolate. Please remember to have fun with this.
-If children are doing this recipe, please do have an adult to supervise/ help as this recipe does include stove tops, oven, hot sugar work and manual labor.
-Premade profiterole cases can be bought from the shop if you feel that would be better suited to you.
-This recipe will work with any of the Nougat and Nice 200g Nougat range that can be shop here At www.nougatandnice.com.au/ourstore
-This recipe will work to the creativity of the individual i.e. dark chocolate with red roses, or milk chocolate and fruit salad on skewers etc.
-For a gluten free option head over to this link, they are the best Gluten free option and Becky goes into great detail for you as well Gluten Free Profiteroles Recipe (dairy free option) - BEST EVER! (glutenfreecuppatea.co.uk)
Terms and Conditions for Nougat and Nice Cooking Challange
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who post a photo of the croquembouche they created themselves containing a nougat product from @nougatandnice and who are any age as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Western Australia or those who wish to pay for the freight on the competition prizes, where prizes are a tangible items that can be mailed and not a local based service. Employees of Nougat and Nice, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contest (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Nougat and Nice as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting 4th of July 2021 and ending Sunday 1st of August at 5:00pm AWST. All online entries must be received by 1/8/21 at 11:30am for judging.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by posting/sharing a photo of your croquembouche creation. You will need to tag the post with @nougatandnice. To do this your instagram profile will need to be public, if yuo don't have a public profile, please send us your photo via direct message. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Nougat and Nice. It's not required but appreciated if you can give the other businesses a follow, they are all local.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive One years worth of Nougat from Nougat and Nice valued at over $500 (52 pieces) @nougatandnice, Gift Certificate for Matthew Landers Academy valued at $175 @matthewlanders ,Mane Liquor his and hers liquor prize valued at $125.00 @maneliquor, Faire and Co Term Art Pass - valued at $200 @faireandco, Ms Demeanour Clothing Boutique Gift Voucher valued at $75 @msdemeanourboutique, Perth Zoo Family Day Pass valued at $90, Mini Family Photography Mini Session valued at $365 (must be done at one of two local Perth locations as specified by photographer on a weekday Mon-Thurs @antheaauldphotographer,
Pound Coffee Beans 1kg of single origin & mixed blends of roasted beans valued at $48. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Nougat and Nice's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Nougat and Nice to use Winner’s name, submitted/shared images, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected/Judged By Sarah owner of Nougat and Nice and Patisserie Chef. Winner will be notified by the way of public instagram post tagging the winner with their instagram and or facebook handle within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Nougat and Nice shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 Days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT Nougat and Nice‘s SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Terms & Conditions:Nougat and Nice reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond [your company name]’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Nougat and Nice may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Nougat and Nice. Nougat and Nice reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Nougat and Nice has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Nougat and Nice reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9.. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Nougat and Nice and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
10. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF Australia AND Western Australia, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Western Australia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. The Campaign hosted by Nougat and Nice is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook.