Spiced Nougat and Carrot Cake
A spiced fruit and nut nougat and carrot cake that is going to change the way you make carrot cake. You will want to have people over for coffee just so you can show them your new favorite carrot cake with a twist and its gluten free!
Time: 1 hour Serves: 6
40g castor sugar
200g Nougat and Nice Spiced Fruit and Nut Box
200 gf plain flour
250g carrot grated
1 1/2 baking powder
1 1/2 bi card soda
2t mixed spice
Cream cheese frosting:
60g butter softened
100g cream cheese at room temp
150g icing sugar
1T lemon zest and orange zest
1.Preheat a fan forced oven to 180C and prepare an 8in square slice tray by lining it with baking paper
2. Remove nougat from wrap. Roughly chop and place into a food processor and blitz until a very fine crumb.
3. In a mixing bowl place eggs and sugar whisking until light and fluffy. Next add vanilla and nougat, then slowly add oil while whisking.
4. Pre sift all dry ingredients together then add to the egg mixture and fold in until combined. Next fold in grated carrot until combined.
5. Pour cake batter into prepared cake tin. Place in to oven at 180C for 30 mins. Check with cake is cooked by sticking a skewer into the center and it must come out clean.
6. Remove from oven, allow to sit for 5 mins before turning out on a cooling rack.
7. To make the cream cheese frosting, place all ingredients into an electric mixer with a paddle attachment and beat until light and creamy.
8. Once the cake has completely cooled place onto a serving plate and gently spread the cream cheese frosting over the top. Your cake is now ready to serve.