Gluten Free Cranberry Pistachio Cookies
With the weather warming up these cookies scream spring. Made with the decadent Cranberry and Pistachio Nougat from Nougat and Nice these will be the cookies that surprise you this year. Full of flavor and delicate florals from fresh rosemary.
Time 40 hours Makes 24
200g Nougat and Nice Cranberry and Pistachio Box
125g butter cold, chopped
1 egg + 1 egg white
2 cups gluten free plain flour
1/4 t cream of tartar
1 Tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
11/2 cup icing sugar
2 Tablespoon milk
rosemary flowers for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180C and line 3 cookie trays with baking paper.
2. Remove nougat from wrap. Roughly chop and place into a food processor and blitz until a very fine crumb.
3. In a large bowl add the nougat, butter and shortening then using a electric hand mixer beat until combined. Next add in the eggs.
4. Turn the mixer to low and gently add in the dry ingredients until all the flour is combined. Turn out dough and wrap cling firm. Place in to fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
5. Remove dough from the fridge and on a flat, lightly floured surface (be sure to use gluten free flour). Roll dough out to about 1cm thick, using a 6cm round cookie cutter cut cookies until you use all the dough. Place the cookies straight on to the prepared trays with a space between.
6. Place into oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Until cookies are firm without browning around the edges.
7. Remove from oven allow to sit for 2 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Leave cookies to cool to room temperature.
8. In a small bowl make the icing by adding icing sugar and milk together. Stir until combined. Using two teaspoons scoop a small amount onto each cookie. Let the icing settle in place for a minute before garnishing each cookie with a rosemary flower.
9. Serve same day or store in an air tight container for the next day.