Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Delicious gluten free cookies using Dark Chocolate Peanut from Nougat and Nice. These gluten free cookies will have you in heaven. Best eaten warm with a serving of ice-cream too if your really wanting to escalate the situation.
Time: 40 Minutes Makes: 24
200g Nougat and Nice Dark Chocolate Peanut Box
125g butter cold, chopped
1 egg + 1 egg white
1 1/2 Gluten Free Plain flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 t cream of tartar
1/2 Chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180C and line 2 cookie trays with baking paper.
2. Remove nougat from wrap. Roughly chop and place into a food processor and blitz until a very fine crumb.
3. In a large bowl add the nougat, butter and shortening then using a electric hand mixer beat until combined. Next add in the eggs. and mix until completely combined.
4. Turn the mixer to low and gently add in all the dry ingredients and extra chocolate chips if you wish. Mix until all the flour is combined. Turn out dough and wrap cling firm. Place in to fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
5. Remove dough from the fridge and on a flat, lightly floured surface (be sure to use gluten free flour). Roll dough out to about 1cm thick, using a 6cm round cookie cutter cut cookies until you use all the dough. Place the cookies straight on to the prepared trays with a space between.
6. Place into oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Until cookies are firm without browning around the edges.
7. Remove from oven allow to sit for 2 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Leave cookies to cool to room temperature.
8. Using two teaspoons scoop a small amount of ganache on the bottom of a cookie and then using another cookie gently make a sandwich without squeezing all the ganache out. Repeat with the rest of the cookies.
9. Serve same day or store in an air tight container for the next day.