Gluten Free Black Forrest Nougat Cake
If Black Forrest cake shows up every year for a birthday than this is the cake for you. With delicious layers of dark chocolate and cherry nougat cake and filled with light whipped cream topped off with fresh cherries.
Time: 1.5 hour
1x Nougat and Nice Cherry Hazelnut 200g Box
8x Eggs separated
240g Butter softened and cubed
120g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
50g Cocoa Powder
150g Dark Chocolate
150g Pouring Cream
For Filling and Garnish
500ml Whipping cream - whipped to soft peaks
Fresh Pitted cherries for filling and top
1. Preheat oven to 180C and line 3x 7inch round tins
2. Remove wrapper from nougat and roughly chop. Place nougat into a food processor and blitz to a very fine crumb.
3. Using an electric mixer and very clean mixing bowl, whip egg whites to medium peaks. Set aside.
4. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, nougat once creamed and light in colour then add one egg yolk at a time. Fold in the sifted flour. Next, gently fold egg whites in 3 stages.
5. Fill cake tins with batter and place in the oven @ 180C for 30 mins.
6. Check with cake is cooked by sticking a skewer in center and must come out clean.
7. Remove cakes from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before turning cake out onto a cooling rack.
8. Place dark chocolate and cream into a microwave safe bowl. Warm in 30 second bursts stirring in-between until completely melted. Set aside to cool.
9. Using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, whip cream to soft peaks then set a side for decorating.
9. Once everything has completely cooled use a cake board or cake stand that you want to display your cake on. Working in layers, first place one cake down and evenly spread half of the whipped cream to the edge of the cake. Place a hand full of cherries on top of the cream, then repeat this again and finish with the third cake on top. To garnish gently spread some chocolate ganache over the top layer and finish with some fresh cherries with stems.