Chai Bunt Cake
The best gluten free chai spiced cake you will ever have. The smell from the oven will drive you crazy waiting for this one to come out. Beautifully moist and flavorful combination of gently nougat and spices top with silky smooth caramel sauce pairs beautifully with a herbal tea and kind company.
Time: 1 hour
1x Nougat and Nice Honey Almond 200g box
240g Butter softened and cubed
6x Eggs separated
100g Almond meal
2 T Chai Spice mix
1x Pinch of salt
1/3 cup water
1x teaspoon Butter salted
1/3 cup cream
1. Preheat oven to 180C and grease a bunt pan
2.Remove nougat from wrap. Roughly chop and place into a food processor and blitz until a very fine crumb.
3. In a very clean bowl or mixer whip egg whites to medium peaks. Set aside.
4. In a mixer, cream the butter, nougat and egg yolks. Fold in almond meal and spice mix. Next, gently fold egg whites in 3 stages.
5. Fill bunt pan with batter and place in the oven @ 180C for 40 mins.
6. Check with cake is cooked by sticking a skewer in center and must come out clean.
7. Remove cake from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before turning cake out onto a cooling rack.
For the Caramel Sauce
1. In a clean small sauce pan place sugar and water. Gently heat on stove and don't stir at all. Keep an eye on the sugar and cook until a light golden caramel colour is reached.
2. Once you have reached caramel colour carefully put the butter and cream into the pot and be careful of the steam from this stage. All the sugar will set in the pan and become unmanageable, this is normal. Have a spoon or a small whisk on hand and using a low heat give the caramel time to slowly melt back together until smooth a consistence is reached.
3. To serve simply drizzle caramel sauce over your cake and enjoy.