Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Loaf
Decadent cherry hazelnut and dark chocolate nougat loaf smothered in silky dark chocolate ganache. All this need is a few friends and a hot coffee. Do try this I promise you will go for more than one slice.
Time: 1 hour Serves: 8
1x Nougat and Nice Cherry Hazelnut 200g Box
6x Eggs separated
240g Butter softened and cubed
100g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
20g Cocoa Powder
150g Dark Chocolate
150g Pouring Cream
1. Preheat oven to 180C and line 1x 22cm x 8cm loaf pan
2. Remove wrapper from nougat and roughly chop. Place nougat into a food processor and blitz to a very fine crumb.
3. In a very clean bowl or mixer whip egg whites to medium peaks. Set aside.
4. In a mixer, cream the butter, nougat then add one egg yolk at a time. Fold in the sifted flour. Next, gently fold egg whites in 3 stages.
5. Fill cake tin with batter and place in the oven @ 180C for 30 mins.
6. Check with cake is cooked by sticking a skewer in center and must come out clean.
7. Remove cake from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before turning cake out onto a cooling rack.
8. Place dark chocolate and cream into a microwave safe bowl. Warm in 30 second bursts stirring in-between until completely melted. Set aside to cool.
9. Once everything has completely cooled place the cake on to a desired plater and spread the chocolate ganache over the top using a palette knife and garnish with crushed Hazelnuts
Put the kettle on for a coffee, serve it and enjoy it!