Gluten Free Donuts with Caramel Sauce
Perfect afternoon snack or some fun baking with the children. These gluten free donuts can be made and severed warm with the caramel sauce and ice-cream. This recipe will have you coming back time and time again.
Time: 45 minutes
1x Nougat and Nice Honey Almond 200g Box
2x Eggs lightly beaten
3/4 cup milk
2 cups Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
1/3 cup water
1x teaspoon Butter salted
1/2 cup cream
1. Preheat oven to 200C fan forced. Grease two, six hole donuts trays and set aside.
2. Remove wrapper from nougat and roughly chop. Place nougat into a food processor and blitz to a very fine crumb.
3. In a large bowl combine the nougat and flour. In a sperate mixing bowl combine the eggs and milk. Add the wet mix into the dry mix and combine with a spatula.
4. Fill the donut pans with your donut mixture they should only be 1/2 full and not be covering the center hole.
5. Bake in oven for 7-9 minute or until set. Try with a skewer if unsure. Remove from oven once cooked and allow to cool for 5 mins before turning out on to a cooling rack to completely cool.
For the Caramel Sauce
1. In a clean small sauce pan place sugar and water. Gently heat on stove and don't stir at all. Keep an eye on the sugar and cook until a light golden caramel colour is reached.
2. Once you have reached caramel colour carefully put the butter and cream into the pot and be careful of the steam from this stage. All the sugar will set in the pan and become unmanageable, this is normal. Have a spoon or a small whisk on hand and using a low heat give the caramel time to slowly melt back together until smooth a consistence is reached.
3. To serve simply drizzle caramel sauce over your donuts and enjoy.