Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Donuts - Gluten Free
If you cant go passed a doughnut then you have to try these. Super quick and easy to make and you can have a little fun with making these as well. Topped with dark chocolate and Peanut Butter Nougat from Nougat and Nice these will have you hooked.
Time: 45 minutes
1x Nougat and Nice Honey Almond 200g Box
2x Eggs lightly beaten
3/4 cup milk
2 cups Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
Dark Chocolate Topping:
150g dark chocolate
150g pouring cream
100g Nougat and Nice Dark chocolate Nougat chopped
Sprinkles of your choice
30g White chocolate melted
1. Preheat oven to 200C fan forced. Grease two, six hole donuts trays and set aside.
2. Remove wrapper from nougat and roughly chop. Place nougat into a food processor and blitz to a very fine crumb.
3. In a large bowl combine the nougat and flour. In a sperate mixing bowl combine the eggs and milk. Add the wet mix into the dry mix and combine with a spatula.
4. Fill the donut pans with your donut mixture they should only be 1/2 full and not be covering the center hole.
5. Bake in oven for 7-9 minute or until set. Try with a skewer if unsure. Remove from oven once cooked and allow to cool for 5 mins before turning out on to a cooling rack to completely cool.
6. Place dark chocolate and cream into a microwave safe bowl. Warm in 30 second bursts stirring in-between until completely melted. Stir until the ganache is completely homogenous. Set aside.
7. Take one donut at a time in your finger tips and dip just the top into the still warm chocolate topping then allow the excess to dip off a little before returning it to the cooling rack. Repeat with all the donuts. Next take the melted white chocolate , using a fork to dip into the white chocolate then drizzle over the donuts. Add some sprinkles and some chopped nougat to finish.